Raptr Gamercard

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Playstation 4

So here we are. The day after Sony announced their new console and that it will be called Playstation 4. Gasp.

I have a couple of thoughts on this. First off, they did not show the actual console. I find that very weird. Not really upsetting for me as Im not a fan of sony but still. Isnt that weird?

I read on kotaku that Shuhei Yoshida said: "we have to keep something new for later. Otherwise you'd get bored." I think he is right.

We did get to see the new controller. I guess it looks alright. Looks like a playstation controller really. What else... oh yeah streaming gameplay on PSN. That is actually something I think is cool so good job on that.
Other than that there were some games announced. Nothing awesome really. Killzone, Infamous bla bla Final Fantasy bla Diablo 3. Oh really? Yeh really.

All in all very underwhelming and the funny thing is that the only thing I really "cared" about was the graphics quality of the games that were shown. Because like I mentioned yesterday, now we know what the next gen of console ports will look like.
Watch Dogs is a next gen game for the PS4 for example. Check out a gameplay video here. Looks pretty cool. But lets be honest. The PC could do this 4 years ago. Hopefully we will see more developers doing PC games for the PC.

Highly unlikely but I can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment